* In modern days it was again started by the efforts of French Baron Pierre de Coubertin on 6th April 1896 in Athens Capital of Greece.
* From 1924 Winter Olympic Games also started , Women started participating in olympics since 1912
* Olympics Games is conducted every after 4 years.
* International Olympic Committee ( IOC) govern the Olympic Games.
* The head Office of IOC is in Lausanne (Switzerland).
* Host city is decided by International Olympic Committee (IOC).
* Olympics symbol consist of 5 rings or circle linked to each other to represent the sporting friendship to every people on this planet. All five rings are of different colour .
1) Blue represent Europe.
2) Yellow represent Asia.
3) Black represent Africa.
4) Green represent Australia.
5) Red represent America.
* Olympic Motto is in Latin word ‘Citius, Alitius, Fortius which means ‘Faster , Higher , and Stronger composed by Father Didon in 1897 and was introduced in Olympic games in Paris 1924.
Olympics and India
* India officially participated in Olympics for the first time in the 6 Olympic games in 1920 at Antwerp.
* Marrie Lila Rao is the 1st Indian Women participant in the Olympics after India’s Independence.
* Sir Dorabji Tata was the first President of Indian Olympic Association established in 1927.
* Norman Pritchard was the first Indian player who participated in games in 1900 and won 2 Silver medals in Athletics