- Applications are invited for eligible unmarried Male and unmarried Female Engineering Graduates.
- Also for Widows of Defence Personnel who died in harness for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in the Indian Army.
- Course will commence in Oct 2020 at Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai,Tamil Nadu.
- The application will be accepted online on it official website http://joinindianarmy.nic.in
- Notification out on-22/01/2020
- Application Begins on –22/01/2020
- Last Date for Apply Online –20/02/2020
- Last Date Complete Form –20/02/2020
Nationality A candidate must either be :-
(i) a citizen of India, or
(ii) a subject of Bhutan, or
(iii) a subject of Nepal,
or (iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or (v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will however not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal. A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, will attach such certificate alongwith the application.
- For SSC (Tech)- 55 Men and SSCW(Tech)- 26 Women. – 20 to 27 years as on 01 Oct 2020 (Candidates born between 02 Oct 1993 and 01 Oct 2000, both days inclusive).
- For widows of Defence Personnel who Died in Harness Only. -SSCW (Non Tech) [Non UPSC] and SSCW(Tech) – A maximum of 35 years of age as on 01 Oct 2020.
- For SSC(Tech) (Men and Women Candidates :
- Who have passed the requisite Engineering Degree course or are in the final year of Engineering Degree course are eligible to apply.
- Candidates studying in the final year of Engineering degree course should be able to submit proof of passing by 01 Oct 2020 and produce the Engineering Degree Certificate within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- For Widows of Defence Personnel who Died in Harness :
- SSCW (Non Tech) (Non UPSC). -Graduation in any Discipline.
- SSCW (Tech) B.E./ B. Tech in any Engineering stream.
- Short Service Commission 54 Men –175
- Short Service Commission 25 Women –14
- For Widows of Defence Personnel –2