UPSC has released detailed notification for the post of Assistant Commandant in Central Armed Police Force (CAPF’s) at its official website www .upsc.gov.in ,All those Candidates who want to join in CAPF (Central Armed Police Force) such as CRPF (Central Reserve Police Force),BSF (Border Security Force), ITBP (Indo-Tibetn Border Police),CISF (Central Industrial Security Force),SSB (Sashastra Seema Bal) can apply this form.You can check out the important details such as Educational Qualification,Syllabus etc below.
- Application Begin : 18/08/2020
- Last Date for Apply Online : 07/09/2020
- Last Date for Part II : 07/09/2020
- Exam Date : 20/12/2020
- Admit Card Available : December 2020
A candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree of a University
The Selection Procedure/Scheme of the Examination will be as follows:
(i) Written Examination: The written examination to be conducted by Union Public Service Commission and will comprise two papers. Paper I will be held from 10 a.m. to 12.00 Noon and Paper II will be held from 2.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m.
Paper I : General Ability and Intelligence – 250 Marks The questions in this paper will be of Objective (Multiple Answers) Type in which the questions will be set in English as well as Hindi.
Paper II : General Studies, Essay and Comprehension ‐ 200 Marks In this paper candidates will be allowed the option of writing the Essay Component in English or Hindi, but the medium of Precis Writing, Comprehension Components and other communications/ language skills will be English only.
PET (Physical Efficiency Test)
|100 m race||16 seconds||18 seconds|
|800 m race||3 min 45 seconds||4 min 45 seconds|
|Long Jump||3.5 m (3 chances)||3 min (3 chances)|
|Short Put (7.26 Kgs)||4.5 m||–|
Paper I : General Ability and Intelligence The objective type questions with multiple choices in this paper will broadly cover the following areas:
- General Mental Ability The questions will be designed to test the logical reasoning, quantitative aptitude including numerical ability, and data interpretation.
- General Science The questions will be set to test general awareness, scientific temper, comprehension and appreciation of scientific phenomena of everyday observation including new areas of importance like Information Technology, Biotechnology, Environmental Science.
- Current Events of National and International Importance: The questions will test the candidates’ awareness of current events of national and international importance in the broad areas of culture, music, arts, literature, sports, governance, societal and developmental issues, industry, business, globalisation, and interplay among nations.
- Indian Polity and Economy: The questions shall aim to test candidates’ knowledge of the Country’s political system and the Constitution of India, social systems and public administration, economic development in India, regional and international security issues and human rights including its indicators.
- History of India : The questions will broadly cover the subject in its social, economic and political aspects. This shall also include the areas of growth of nationalism and freedom movement.
- Indian and World Geography: The questions shall cover the physical, social and economic aspects of geography pertaining to India and the World.
Paper II : General Studies, Essay and Comprehension
- Part‐A – Essay questions which are to be answered in long narrative form either in Hindi or English totaling 80 Marks.
- The indicative topics are modern Indian history especially of the freedom struggle, geography, polity and economy, knowledge of security and human rights issues, and analytical ability.
- Part‐B – Comprehension, précis writing, other communications/language skills – to be attempted in English only (Marks 120) – The topics are Comprehension passages, précis writing, developing counter arguments, simple grammar and other aspects of language testing.